One Green Planet is a fast-growing media start up focused on compassionate and eco-conscious living.
Is This You?
I work to make sure that you know all about individuals, businesses and organizations that do and DON’T have our fellow earthling’s best interest at heart. I work one adorable monkey video at a time, to show you why it’s totally uncool to wear, eat, cage, or experiment on innocent creatures. Wherever there is injustice, you will find me. Wherever there is suffering, I’ll be there…yes, that’s from The Three Amigos but it applies to me too, okay?
About the Role
One Green Planet is a fast-growing media startup focused on compassionate and conscious living.
We are looking for talented individuals (Editorial Assistants, Assistant Editors, and experienced Editors) who are passionate about all things animal-related to focus on our Animal Monster category.
- Generate ideas for new features and collaborative posts for the Animal Monster category.
- Generate ideas and pitch relevant stories for the Buzz Monster category.
- Write, edit, format, and proofread articles + perform layout and fact-checking tasks and editorial research.
- Editorial coordination, including planning and communicating with editorial team members, bloggers, and partner organizations.
- Creative writing voice that translates to web-speak.
- A demonstrated passionate for conscious and compassionate living (i.e. a Green Monster), with a sense of humor!
- Between 3-7 years relevant editorial work experience.
- A College degree in a related field, and strong research, proofreading and writing skills.
- A quick learner with a solid understanding of social media platforms and blogging tools.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and communicate well.
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit.
- Ability to generate content ideas quickly and to think visually: Light photo editing skills a plus.
- Candidate must be located in NYC/the Tri-state Area or willing to relocate at their own cost.
- Send an email to editor AT onegreenplanet DOT org with the following:
- A cover letter explaining why you are interested in working for One Green Planet.
- Include links/attachments to your writing samples (at least 5), social media accounts and resume, along with 5 animal-related article ideas.
- What is your current or most recent payscale?
- What is your salary expectation for this role?