Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Miranda Lee, a rescued chicken at Farm Sanctuary, is quite the caring chick. In this video, we see her comforting her distressed friend, Chris. This is just a short glimpse into the complex and emotional lives of these sentient beings.
Chickens are extremely intelligent animals, able to solve complex problems, understand cause and effect, as well as anticipate and plan for the future. Not only are they smart, but they’re loving, too. Chickens are amazing mothers and take care of their babies long before they have hatched – they even “talk” and “purr” to eggs during incubation. And as this video suggests, chickens are capable of empathy and friendship.
Even though chickens are some of the most fascinating beings around, billions are cruelly neglected, abused, and murdered every year in the animal agriculture industry. This video proves that chickens (or any being, no matter their intelligence!) don’t deserve such a fate. Miranda, you are such a great friend!
- 10 Things to Love About Chickens
- This Amazing Woman Knits Sweaters for Rescued Chickens (VIDEO)
- This Rescued Chicken Might Only Have One Foot But That Hasn’t Slowed Her Down!
- Rescued Chickens Have a Blast Playing On Their Very Own Playground (VIDEO)
- Rescued Chicken Purrs Like a Kitten (VIDEO)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!