Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Animals can teach us so many things, like how to live in the moment, to not take life too seriously, and of course, how to love, unconditionally. We have seen amazing examples of compassion towards one another even across animals of different species, just take Lula and Nutmeg, residents at Lighthouse Farm Sanctuary, for example. Lula is a pig while Nutmeg is a cow, but that isn’t stopping Nutmeg from showering her good friend with kisses! Lula seems to be completely fine with it, enjoying it even! These two are different in so many ways, but like us, they have far more in common than what meets the eye.
As you can see, farm animals are also not so different from the pets we share our homes with. With this in mind, why on Earth are these adorable, intelligent, and clearly, affectionate animals treated so differently from dogs, cats, and other pets? All animals deserve compassion, respect, and the freedom to be themselves without fear of judgment. Cows and pigs are social animals who can make lifelong friends and have their preferences, dislikes, and personalities.
If you know someone who could stand to see the similarities between pets and farm animals – just show them this!
To learn more about Lighthouse Farm Sanctuary, click here.
- From Pigs and Chickens to Dogs and Ducklings: 9 Unlikely Animal Friendships Too Cute to Handle!
- Beautiful Unlikely Friendship between Felicity the Sheep and Yoda the Llama [Video]
- Animal Friends Help Heartbroken Goat Heal After He Lost His Best Friend [Video]
- Puppy and Parrot’s Friendship Goes Viral
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!