Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
This video may very well be the most unique and sweetest bonding ever seen between a human and a wild bird! This is not just any bird though, it’s a massive condor! When this condor fell from his nest as a baby, the man in the video saved his life and nursed him back to health until he could take to the skies once again.
In the video, this condor literally appears to be cuddling his friend like a dog. He is quite obviously ecstatic to see his rescuer again and frequently flies back for a reunion.
It is not unusual for wild animals to form a special bond with their rescuers and it has been seen time and time again, even after years have passed, that they still remember and even visit their guardian angels. This goes to show the human and animal bond is strong and should never be taken for granted.
Although this video is very sweet, we do not recommend interacting with a wild animal unless you are a professional rehabilitator or have been given instructions from a professional. If you ever come across an injured animal who needs help, check out these animal rescue hotlines.
- DDT, the California Condor, and a Decades-Long Battle with a Banned Pesticide
- Endangered Condor Hatches Chicks Without Male Fertilization
- 7 Awesome Hands-On Ways You Can Volunteer to Help the Environment
- 10 Simple Ways You Can Help Biodiversity
- Captive-Bred Animals Have Reduced Survival in the Wild, New Study Finds
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!