Source: Mark Lotterhand/YouTube
Gopher tortoises are generally found in the southeastern United States, yet one was recently discovered in Massachusetts. Experts believe this is due to the illegal wildlife trade of turtles and tortoises, which is growing increasingly popular in the United States. This is not only a traumatic experience for turtles, but removing them from their habitats can negatively impact those ecosystems as well. Gopher tortoises are keystone species and are protected by the Endangered Species Act, but we need to lend our voice to this issue to make sure they are being protected from poaching. Please sign this petition to urge the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to help protect and conserve turtle and tortoise populations!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Ask NOAA to Investigate the Impact Offshore Drilling has on Marine Animals
- Petition: Demand Norfolk Southern Fund the Healthcare Costs of People Affected by Train Derailment
- Petition: Tell Doug Ford to Abandon the Two-Tiered Healthcare Plan
- Petition: Demand YouTube Deplatform Sadistic Poaching Couple
- Petition: Urge States to Pass Protections for Abortion and the LGBTQ+ Community
- Petition: Urge the Iranian Government to Strengthen Domestic Violence Laws
- Petition: Urge Congress to Ban Cosmetic Testing on Animals
- Petition: Help Make Sure This Animal Abuser is Never Allowed to Have Animals Again
- Petition: Tell the Kansas City Chiefs to Change Their Name
- Petition: Make it Illegal to Separate Families if They Can’t Afford to Pay Foster Care Bills
Ahisma Tee By Tiny Rescue: Animal Collection
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!