Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
In a picturesque backyard in Ohio, a resident recently had the privilege of witnessing the rare miracle of life, first-hand. TV newsman, Gabe Spiegel, was treated to an intimate display by a neighborhood deer affectionately named Ruby.
Ruby, a familiar face in the area, had chosen Spiegel’s backyard as her safe haven to give birth. Initially, Spiegel spotted one fawn emerging, which he considered “quite a sight!” Little did he know, Ruby had a few more surprises up her sleeve.
By the end of the day, Ruby had given birth to not just one, but three adorable fawns, a rare occurrence as only about 2% of deer births result in triplets. Ruby, with her three new offspring—now named Sapphire, Topaz, and Diamond—left the next day, venturing into the world as a newly expanded family.
But this wasn’t Ruby’s first visit to Spiegel’s backyard. She’s a mother to two other fawns named Opal and Jade, born in the same safe haven. With the birth of Sapphire, Topaz, and Diamond, it seems Ruby’s tradition of choosing Spiegel’s backyard as her birthing sanctuary continues.
- Woman Rushes to Help Abandoned Baby Deer and Gets Hilarious Surprise
- Deer Finally Free From Having Plastic Halloween Bucket Stuck on its Head for Weeks
- Couple Rescues Baby Deer From Fence and Gives Him Second Chance at Life
- Woman Helps Raise Abandoned Baby Deer [Video]
- Why You Shouldn’t Attend a Live Reindeer Display this Holiday Season [Video]
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!