Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
An adorable Frenchie named Oatie is gaining popularity on TikTok after a video was posted showing him copying his human, who had just gotten surgery. Captioned “Do dogs understand?”, the video shows how capable dogs are of sympathizing with people they love.
In the video, which has received over 31,000 likes on TikTok, Oatie can be seen cuddled up on the couch next to a man. The man has his foot elevated after receiving ankle surgery. Oatie can be seen copying the human and propping his leg up on a pillow.
According to the American Kennel Organization, dogs do know when their humans are unwell. Indeed, there have been instances of dogs sniffing out tumors before formal diagnoses are made. Dogs use their powerful sense of smell to discover illness or injury.
Viewers loved the adorable video. Many shared their own experiences receiving extra affection from their dogs after an injury. “Yes, they know! I broke my ankle last year and my little fur baby wouldn’t leave my side.” wrote Wine.With.Dee_Dee. Others simply loved Oatie’s funny position. “Gotta rest the drumstick,” said King Dex.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to adopt instead of shop. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Adorable Video Shows Dog Knows Puppy Is Blind
- Boston Terrier Named Pokey Fakes Leg Injury in Funny Viral Video
- Canine “Hype Man” Copies His Pregnant Human
- Dog’s Hilarious Reaction to Human Barking Will Make Your Day
- 5 Times Dogs Comforted Their Pregnant Humans
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!