The secret ingredient in these Mediterranean-inspired burgers is smoked paprika! Just a pinch adds a ton of smoky, slightly spicy flavor. These healthy falafel burgers are so easy to make and can be served any way you like — inside a pita, on traditional slider buns, or even on a bed of greens.
Smoky Falafel Burgers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 13.5-ounce cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, packed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 350°F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, red onion, garlic, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, smoked paprika, chili powder, and sea salt. Blend until smooth and similar to a chunky hummus. Transfer mixture to a bowl and fold in quick oats and shredded carrots.
- Use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop mixture and form into patties. Place evenly on parchment paper.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until crispy and firm to touch.
- Serve alone or in a pita sandwich.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS