Quiches are a type of food that you can pretty much add any flavor to and still have something that tastes delicious. Try adding your favorite seasonal vegetables ... you really can't go wrong with any combination!
Mixed Veggie Quiche (No Tofu Necessary!) [Vegan]
- 1 cup spelt flour OR your favorite gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup ground almond meal
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup lukewarm water
- 1 1/2 cups chickpea flour/gram flour
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/2 zucchini, sliced
- 5 sliced mushrooms
- 1 sliced tomato
- 1/2 sliced red onion
- Preheat the oven to 356°F degrees.
- Add all of the pastry ingredients into a food processor and pulse until it starts to stick together.
- On a floured surface roll out the pastry crust until it’s an even 1/4-inch thick.
- Using a quiche pan, line it with the fresh pastry. Mine is never 100 percent even so just do the best you can.
- Prick the pastry with a fork and pop into the oven for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is cooking you can start on the filling. Take a large bowl and add the chickpea flour and water. Whisk together making sure there are no lumps.
- Once you have a smooth consistency add the oil, garlic powder, a pinch of salt and nutritional yeast and stir through.
- When the crust has cooked slightly, take out of the oven and place the sliced veggies evenly inside.
- Pour the chickpea mixture over the veggies and pop back into the oven for a further 30 minutes.
- The quiche is ready when it has a nice golden color on top and is cooked through. You can enjoy it straight out of the oven or cold with a large salad.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS