These banana cookies with chunks of figs and a dash of cardamom are extremely chewy and moist. Served with a strong coffee or chai tea, they will remind you of the Middle East and its unique spices.
5 Ingredient Fig and Banana Cookies With Cardamom [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
This Recipe is :
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 and ¼ cup ground almonds (make sure you don’t pack the almonds into the cup or you’ll end up with much more)
- ¾ cup dried figs, chopped
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- optional: 1 tablespoon natural sweetener of choice (if using liquid, add ½ teaspoon chia seeds)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- If the mixture still looks too runny (depends on size and ripeness of bananas), add a bit more almond flour.
- Drop 1 to 1 and ½ tablespoons of the dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment.
- Flatten the cookies to a desired thickness (dough doesn’t spread while baking).
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, until the cookies firm up and the edges start to turn a bit golden.
- Let cool completely.
These cookies are naturally sweet thanks to the bananas and figs; however, if you prefer yours a bit sweeter or your bananas are not overly ripe, feel free to add the optional sweetener.