This cauliflower crust pizza is reminiscent of the traditional Italian dish while also providing a sneaky way to get veggies into your diet. The crust is soft and crumbly, and the herbs and toppings are light and fresh. Try this pizza the next time you desire a fun, vegetable-centric dinner.
Cauliflower Crust Pizza [Vegan]
- 1 cauliflower
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Preheat oven to 320° F.
- Mix the chia seeds and water, stir, and place in a refrigerator. It will become a gel consistency which will hold your pizza together.
- Chop off the florets of the cauliflower, place in a food processor, blend until it becomes a rice-like consistency, and then transfer into a saucepan.
- Pour boiling water into a saucepan and cook the cauliflower for 5 minutes, then turn off the heat, drain out the water, and place in freezer to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Get a cheese cloth and place your cauliflower rice inside, squeeze all the water out with your hands, then place in a mixing bowl. Add in almond meal, nutritional yeast, garlic, oregano, and sweet paprika, and mix together. Then mix in your chia seed gel from fridge and place the mixture in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Line a tray with baking paper and place the dough on top. With your hands, push down the dough, making it even all over and place in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cut and place the toppings onto the pie as desired.
- Slice with a sharp knife and be careful when pulling it apart to serve as it’s softer than a normal pizza base and can fall apart easily.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS