So easy to make and uncannily similar to the calorie, carb, and preservative-laden cinnamon loaf of your youth! The difference? This version is super healthy, vegan-friendly, single serving, and ready in 2 minutes in the microwave! Are you sold yet?
The World’s Healthiest Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 1 Tablespoon egg replacer mixed with 4 Tablespoons of water
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoons applesauce or mashed banana (I prefer banana.)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sweetener to taste (I use 1-2 packets of stevia)
- 1/2 Tablespoon erythritol (I bet xylitol would work too.)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (Use the full 1/2 teaspoon if you love cinnamon, but you might want to scale back to 1/4 teaspoon if you’re only so-so about cinnamon.)
- Stir together erythritol and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine the coconut flour, egg replacer mixture, mashed banana or applesauce, baking powder, vanilla, and sweetener and stir until everything is evenly incoorperated.
- Spoon 1/2 the batter into a greased mug and sprinkle the cinnamon-erythritol mixture evenly over it.
- Spoon the remaining batter on top of the cinnamon erythriol and smooth out the top.
- Microwave for about 2 minutes, keeping a close eye on it to cook it shorter or longer as needed because microwave cooking times vary so greatly. It took 2:30 in my microwave, but it’s older than I am.
- Let cool for a few minutes.
Fat - 2.5g