Dr. Bronner’s is a family-owned company that makes natural soaps and body care products in North America. You’ve probably seen their iconic bottles and wrappers, but perhaps less known is the company’s activism efforts. They are dedicated to helping bring about positive change through their support of conservation organizations. Earlier this year, Dr. Bronner’s launched a special line of products and purchased a German ship to support the efforts of ocean conservation non-profit, Sea Shepherd. Not for nothing do they call themselves the “fighting soap company”!

Now, on World Vegan Day, celebrated every year on November 1st to honor the compassionate choice to go vegan, Dr. Bronner’s announced donations of over $600,000 to various organizations that are working towards reducing animal suffering. Just some of the organizations include Compassion Over Killing, Good Food Institute, Humane Society of the United StatesPlant-Based Foods Association, Mercy for Animals, The Gentle Barn and PETA. Dr. Bronner’s has made financial contributions in support of animal rights for four consecutive years now. Pretty cool way to celebrate World Vegan Day!

Dr. Bronner’s also continued their support Farm Forward, an organization which collaborated with Jonathan Safran Foer, author of Eating Animals, which has now been adapted into a documentary produced by actress Natalie Portman. The company has also generously donated soaps and other products in support of vegan festivals, animal sanctuaries, and fundraisers.

“When I chose to adopt a vegan diet over 20 years ago, I concluded that though I have the capacity to forget, shut down, and not care about my consumption choices, I want to live in compassionate alignment with the vision that what we choose to eat matters,” David Bronner, Cosmic Engagement Officer (CEO) of Dr. Bronner’s, said in a press release.

David Bronner is committed to creating a more just and sustainable way of producing food and consumer goods. Interested in learning more about this powerhouse company? In an interview with Nil Zacharias on the #EatForThePlanet podcast, David explains how he helped transform Dr. Bronner’s supply chain to ensure that commonly destructive ingredients like palm oil and coconut oil are sourced and produced in a way that is better for the planet, people, and the environment. To hear the full episode, click here.

Image Source: Dr. Bronner’s/Instagram

Tiny Elephant Who Desperately Ran After His Family But Got Lost Is Now Safe (PHOTOS)

Japan Is Illegally Hunting Whales Yet Again — Let’s Get the U.N. to Step In and Stop These Global Crimes!

Sweet Story of Molly, a Formerly Abused Pit Bull, Shows Why Breeding Dogs Is Never Okay (PHOTOS)

This Chain of Childcare Centers Banned Glitter, Balloon, and Plastic Straws for the Best Possible Reason

One comment on “Dr. Bronner’s Donated $600,000 in 2017 to Support Animal Causes!”

Lauren Loudon
17 Days ago

Amazing. The best brand!

Christine Wentzel
17 Days ago

I was excited until..palm oil.

Suzanne Schreiber
17 Days ago

JS Portland
17 Days ago

I have been using Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap forever! Love it!

Tina Gonnermann
17 Days ago

You have to appreciate what they are doing for the animals.

Lisa Lavender Arsenault
17 Days ago

Spencer Bailey

Tanya Miller
17 Days ago

Why are they using palm oil. I thought it was hemp oil

Nancy Demarais
17 Days ago

Love Dr. Bronner's!

Sarah Raven
17 Days ago

The only soap I buy

Shirley Theriault
17 Days ago

Except is has palm oil in it!!!!!! Destroying rain forests and animal habitats!!!!I love your posts but this one needs some fine tuning. Look it up, orangutans losing their homes and food supplies!

Kristy Ann
05 Nov 2017

Wrong palm oil.

Shirley Theriault
05 Nov 2017

Kristy Ann, I'm curious as to how many different kinds there are? And how is this one different? Where does it come from? Not disbelieving you, genuinely wanting to know.

Debrah McCabe
05 Nov 2017

Shirley Theriault Like everything else, it depends on you, the consumer. Do you buy soap, shampoo, snacks, packaged foods....? We live in an overpopulated world, we demand a vast array of products. I think much of our lives have become an issue of finding ways to walk as lightly as possible upon the land, but NO ONE will ever be perfect. And in so many other instances, Dr. Bronner's Soap is a wonderful and supportable company from numerous perspectives.

One Green Planet
05 Nov 2017

Dr. Bronner's is actually doing a great job at ensuring their palm oil is produced without causing deforestation or negatively impacting animals/the environment – you can hear their CEO talk more about how they work with small-scale farmers to make their palm oil on one of our recent podcast episodes: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/episode-six-david-bronner/

Shirley Theriault
05 Nov 2017

One Green Planet Thank you for replying, I will check it out! 😊

Jeannine Kohlmeyer
05 Nov 2017

I called Dr Bronners when I saw palm oil in the last bottle of Peppermint soap that I bought and the person said the same as above. I am not buying it. Why the change? The soap was great the way it was. It is all about the bottom line, plain and simple. You can spin a tale but I don't believe it. It saddens me because I have been using this soap since 1984.

Jeannine Kohlmeyer
05 Nov 2017

Shirley Theriault, I am with you. :)

Anneliese Marques
05 Nov 2017

One Green Planet Sustainable palm oil is an oxymoron. Get real. Same as coffee. Viable rainforest must be cut and burned to grow something else, a monocrop, destroying whole ecosystems. Most of the damage has already been done in Indonesia, but now this evil practise is being started up in Mexico, Brazil and other Latin American countries where last stands of rainforest and habitat are precious. This 'good' palm oil is just a ploy to win hardsell customers, like 'humane slaughter' advocates.

Diane Chantler Hunter
06 Nov 2017

Anneliese Marques I’m with you on this. We are being mislead with the RSPO label- producers have used this to cover up their lies, just like the hardwood producers have done.