These cookies taste s-o-o-o-o-o good, no one will believe they are healthy. Richly flavored and chocolate-y, they are some of the best chocolate chunk cookies you will ever taste…vegan or otherwise!
Makes 24-30 cookies
- 1 stick Earth Balance or 8 tablespoons, softened
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon granulated coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup semolina flour
- Pinch sea salt
- Generous pinch ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 bar dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pine nuts or other nuts
- Preheat oven to 350o and line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Place Earth Balance, rice syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl and whip until creamy. Add flours, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Mix by hand to create a soft dough. Fold in chocolate and nuts.
- Place about a tablespoon of cookie dough on baking sheet leaving space between then for spreading. You will get about 12 to a tray. Press lightly on the cookie with your fingers to flatten them slightly.
- Bake for 18 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
We’ve got more chocolate infused cookies for you right here!