The best thing about a fancy recipe? Proving to skeptics that it is possible to make something delicate without eggs or dairy. And out of only six ingredients. In hardly a quarter of an hour. *insert smug face*
White Chocolate Coconut Cream Panna Cotta [Vegan]
- 500ml (2 cups) thick coconut cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp agar agar flakes 100g (4-ish oz.)
- white chocolate buttons
- 1 peach, stoned and sliced in half-moons
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- Place the coconut cream, vanilla, agar agar and white chocolate buttons in a saucepan.
- Bring almost to the boil (this will take about 7-8 minutes), then remove from heat.
- Keep stirring throughout to prevent the cream from burning to the bottom of the pan or boiling over.
- Reduce heat if it looks like the cream is going to boil over. Pour the cream into 4 little ramequins or cups. Set aside to cool, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- In a small saucepan, simmer the syrup and peach slices for 5 minutes until the fruit is tender and has soaked up some of the syrup.
- Carefully turn over the panacotta cups onto saucers. You may need to let them come to room temperature or wriggle them loose with the tip of a knife. Take your time to do this. Or just eat straight from the cup.
- Pour over the peach syrup and serve immediately.