An inspiring vacation from the apple and pumpkin pies of the season. Fresh ginger and juicy pears lay abed a sweet walnut crust. See entire recipe at http://www.produceonparade.com/produce-on-parade/walnut-crusted-pear-ginger-tart
Walnut Crusted Pear-Ginger Tart [Vegan]
- 1 cup whole walnuts
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. whole flax seed
- ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- splash of maple syrup
- pinch of kosher salt
- 3 large ripe (but not super ripe) pears, sliced into about 1/8 inch slices
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (half a lemon)
- 2 Tbsp. vegan white sugar
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- In a food processor, process all the crust ingredients for a few minutes until it about forms a ball.
- Press into a tart pan. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place the sliced pears and remaining ingredients, excluding the brown sugar in a medium bowl and toss well to coat.
- Arrange in the tart pan over the uncooked crust. Top with the brown sugar.
- Place the tart on a foil-lined baking sheet (don’t skip this!!) in the oven for about 40 minutes until the tops of the pears are slightly browned.
- Remove and allow to cool completely before removing from the tart pan.
- Serve warm, or chilled.