Valentine’s Day is almost upon us. Here is a recipe to whip up on V-Day morning for whoever you have a sweet tooth for in your life. And if you ride solo, whip it up for yourself – you are just as sweet!
Pancake Cookies [Vegan]
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour (100g)
- 1/3 cup garbanzo flour (50g)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (16g)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (4g)1 teaspoon baking powder (4g)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder (20g)
- 1 cup coconut milk (235ml)
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted (30g)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (5ml)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped – optional (55g)
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Butter two 8 inch cake pans and sprinkle half of the walnuts on the bottom of one pan and half on the bottom of the other.
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender except for the walnuts and blend until just combined.
- Pour half of the batter into one pan and half into the other pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with vegan butter melted on top and maple syrup or chocolate syrup and powdered sugar.