These hors d'oeuvre are colorful without the use of artificial colors. The baked tofu slices get their golden yellow color from curry powder, the beet hummus is a natural, vibrant pink, and it's topped with naturally purple cauliflower. So simple, but so tasty, and sure to be the star of any appetizer spread.
Tofu Hors D’Oeuvre With Beet Hummus [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 14-ounce block firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 purple cauliflower head
- Beet hummus, as needed
- Preheat oven to 390°F.
- Cut the tofu into approximately 1/4-inch thick slices. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, curry powder, and 1 tablespoon of water. Add the tofu slices and let marinate for 10 minutes on one side, flip, and let marinate for another 10 minutes.
- Arrange the tofu on a baking sheet, then bake for 15 minutes.
- Wash the cauliflower, divide into florets, and cook.
- Once the tofu is cool, spread beet hummus oven each slice, then top with a cauliflower floret.