Tempeh Kebabs marinated in Homemade BBQ Sauce and served with Creamy Dressing! They are the perfect addition to your BBQ parties this upcoming season. They can be oven-baked or barbequed. The choice is yours!
Tempeh Kebabs [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Tempeh Kebabs [Vegan]
For the Tempeh:
- 8.8 ounces Tempeh evenly cubed
- 7 ounces Cremini mushrooms cut into quarters or halves, depends on their size
- Large onion cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or oil of your choice
- Vegan BBQ Sauce
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked 4 to 6 hours)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
How to Prepare Tempeh Kebabs [Vegan]
- Blend all dressing ingredients in a high-power blender until smooth.
- Make your kebabs by piercing tempeh cubes, onion, and mushrooms on each skewer.
- Place in a large container and brush each kebab with a little bit of oil first and then BBQ sauce on both sides.
- Cover with lid or plastic wrap and place into a refrigerator for a couple of hours or overnight to marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- When ready, arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You may brush with more BBQ sauce before baking—bake for 30min.
- Reset the oven to broil and bake for 5 to 7 min longer.
- Preheat the grill to 400°F.
- Grill for 20min while turning kebabs every 5minutes, while brushing with more BBQ sauce.
- Serve with creamy dressing.
For Oven-Baked Kebabs:
For Grilled Kebabs:
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.