This gluten-free spiced loaf is not only healthy, but it’s so delicious too! While it’s baking your home will smell so festive, thanks to a blend of warming spices. This can be enjoyed at any time of day and is even healthy enough for breakfast. It tastes great on it’s own, or with cranberry jam, or even toasted with your favourite spread.
Sweet Spiced Orange Cranberry Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 flax egg (2 tablespoons ground flax seeds, plus 6 tablespoons water)
- 2 cups buckwheat
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger ground
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- 1/2 cup agave
- Juice of one orange
- 2/3 cup cranberries
- 1/3 cup raisins (warm water for 20 minutes to make them plump)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Zest of one orange
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in on bowl except for the zest, cranberries, and raisins.
- In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients.
- Add these two mixtures together and when combined fold in the raisins and cranberries
- Pour into a loaf tin and bake for 30 minutes.