This sweet potato, cauliflower and peanut stew is a wonderful combination of nourishing vegetables with a creamy nutty sauce, then topped with more toasted peanuts of crunch. Perfect just as it is or with quinoa or flatbreads.
Sweet Potato, Cauliflower, and Peanut Stew [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 6 shallots roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 6 tomatoes chopped
- 1 can organic light coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 small cauliflower chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
- Juice 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- Chilli flakes
- Toasted peanuts
- Add the oil to a large pan with a lid and heat to a medium heat then add in the shallots. Fry for aproximately 8-10 minutes until soft and browning.
- Add in the garlic, cumin seeds & turmeric coriander. Stir for a 30 seconds or so.
- Next add add in the chopped tomatoes and cook for a further 5-6 minutes then add in the water, coconut milk, sweet potatoes and cauliflower.
- Simmer for 20 minutes with the lid on until the sweet potatoes and cauliflower are tender.
- Stir in the peanut butter, lime juice, tamari, chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Top with toasted peanuts and fresh coriander.