This banana bread is super! It's packed with oats, chia seeds, spirulina, chocolate chips, and other ingredients that are great for you.
Superfood Banana Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Superfood Banana Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 5 medium bananas
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar/sweetener of choice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon spirulina
- 1/4-1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 droppers vanilla-flavored liquid stevia
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons cacao/carob powder
- 1 teaspoon sweetener (or, to taste)
- 1/4 cup mix of dried cranberries, pepitas, sunflower seeds
How To Make Superfood Banana Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 356°F and line a loaf pan.
- Mix your chia seeds with 6 tablespoons water and let it gel for a few minutes.
- Blend your oat flour if necessary, then place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- In a food processor (or furiously with a fork by hand) blend (or mash) your bananas with the vanilla drops and sweetener/sugar.
- Pour half the banana mixture into the dry ingredients with the non-dairy milk and mix.
- Add spirulina to the other half of the banana mixture and blend briefly to mix.
- Scoop half the batter into the loaf pan and flatten, then poke holes with a fork evenly.
- Pour the spirulina mixture and choc chips over, then scoop the other half of the batter on top (or create crumbles).
- Bake 25-30 minutes, then let cool completely before slicing.
- Mix your coconut oil, sweetener and carob/cacao powder until smooth, then drizzle over the top, quickly sprinkling your dried fruits and nuts.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile