When local strawberries are available, you have to use them in every variation of meal possible. They are the star of this Summer Strawberry Coconut Crumble.
Summer Strawberry Coconut Crumble [Vegan]
For the Crumble:
- 1 cup slow cooking oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons ground flax optional
For the Strawberry Base:
- 8 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon arrowroot starch or organic corn starch
- 2 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place whole strawberries in a large bowl. Let the strawberries sit for about an hour and allow them to release some of their juice.
- Add the maple syrup and arrowroot starch. Stir to combine.
- Place strawberries in an 11"X9" baking dish.
- In another bowl, mix the crumble ingredients.
- Spoon the crumble over the strawberries.
- Place in oven for 50 minutes. The crumble should be golden but not burnt.
- Let sit for at least 15 minutes.
- You can eat this on its' own or top it with some vegan coconut ice cream.