Nothing tastes like summer like strawberries and rhubarb. These tastes instantly bring me back to my childhood when my mother would bake a pie whenever the strawberries came in. This tart has those tastes, only without the sugar and butter. Raw. Vegan, deliciousness.
Strawberry Rhubarb Tart [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup dried apples
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3 stalks rhubarb
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries
- In a Food Processor, combine the dried apples, walnuts, 1 cup dates, 1/4 cup coconut oil. Blend until crumbly, about 1 minute.
- Press onto the bottom of a 9 inch pie pan.
- Food process the rhubarb, strawberries, and remaining dates. Blend until creamy.
- Add the remaining coconut oil and process for 1 additional minute.
- Pour the filling over the crust and refrigerate for 6 hours.