With very little prep time and a mouth-watering presentation, these S’mores Chia Pudding Parfaits (vegan) will be your new favorite breakfast!
S’mores Chia Pudding Parfaits [Vegan]
For the Chia Pudding
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or raw sugar
For the Vegan Marshmallow Fluff
- liquid of 1 15-oz can chickpeas (about 2/3 cup), chilled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon arrowroot starch or cream of tartar
For the Chocolate Sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey (if not vegan)
- 8 graham crackers, crushed
- 4 pieces dark chocolate
For the Chia Pudding:
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate at least two hours, or overnight.
For the Marshmallow Fluff:
- Pour the chickpea liquid in the bowl of an electric mixer or large mixing bowl. Using the whisk attachment, beat at low speed. Slowly increase the speed to high.
- Once soft peaks have formed (about 5 minutes), add sugar in a steady stream and arrowroot starch or cream of tartar. Continue beating on high for another 5 minutes, or until stiff, glossy peaks form. Peaks should be able to hold their shape.
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- To make the chocolate syrup, whisk coconut oil, cocoa powder, and maple syrup in small bowl until smooth.
- To assemble parfaits, begin with a layer of crushed graham crackers. Add a layer of chia pudding, then another layer of crushed graham crackers, and a final layer of chia pudding. Top with a spoonful of chocolate sauce and a heaping amount of marshmallow fluff. Use a kitchen torch to toast the marshmallow.
- Finish the parfaits off with a sprinkle of crushed graham crackers, a drizzle of chocolate sauce, and a piece of dark chocolate.