The spicy mango salsa paired with the teriyaki tofu and lime dressing is a magical combination that transports you to Hawaii. These fresh and sweet flavors are so addictive and great for a potential luau.
Seaside Luau Tacos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Taco:
- 1 block of tofu, cut into 1”x1” slices
- Corn tortillas
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup coriander, for garnish
For the Maui Burger Teriyaki Sauce:
- 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup Gluten-free Tamari sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, grated (about 1-2 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
For the Mango Salsa:
- 2 cups of mangos
- 1/4 cup of red onion
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup of coriander
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (or to taste)
- Salt to taste
For the Lime Dressing:
- 1/2 cup of vegan mayo
- 1/2 lime, juiced with its rind
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pineapple juice, Teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger.
- Add in your tofu to the sauce. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix in all your ingredients for the mango salsa and refrigerate until it is time to serve. The flavor will continue to develop, and I would even say that the next day is even better!
- Next, prepare your lime dressing and refrigerate.
- Fry up your tofu to brown on both sides, approximately 5 minutes each side.
- In a dry pan, heat your tortillas 30 seconds on each side and cover with a towel until ready to serve.
- To assemble, take your tortilla and place your fried tofu in the center. Put a small amount of purple cabbage and then the mango salsa. Drizzle a little lime dressing and sprinkle some more coriander. Enjoy!