Say hello to everyone's favorite party food, the sausage roll..but in this case, the vegan sausage roll. These delicious rolls are vegan, gluten-free, taste absolutely divine and packed full of flavor.
Sausage Rolls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
About 10 mini rolls
- 1 can of chickpeas (washed & drained)
- 4 tablespoons of ground flaxseeds
- 3/4 cup of walnuts
- 1 tablespoon of oats (this recipe used gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce( this recipe used gluten-free)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon of dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 sheet of vegan puff pastry (this recipe used gluten-free)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Wash and drain the beans.
- Place the chickpeas, ground flaxseed, walnuts, oats, soy sauce, garlic cloves, oil, smoked paprika, herbs, coriander, black pepper and salt into a food processor/blender and whizz up until a sausage-like texture.
This will take around 3-5 minutes.
Unroll the puff pastry and cut it in half. With clean hands, grab some of the sausage mixture, roll it into logs and place onto one side of the pastry sheet.
- Brush some dairy-free milk on the edges of the pastry sheet and fold the pastry over the sausage. Using a fork, press the pastry layers together to create a seal.
Cut into servings and place onto the lined baking tray. Brush some dairy-free milk over the top of the pastries and pop into the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden in color.
Serve hot with a dipping sauce or brush over some dairy-free butter. Best enjoyed hot/ fresh, day of making.
Store in the fridge.