Chickpea flour is such a handy ingredient to have in the kitchen cupboard. It’s flavor is evident, yet not dominant and really pairs well with a bunch of other ingredients. These salted rosemary chickpea crackers are proof of just how delicious this little ground dried legume can be. They are a great alternative to highly refined flour crackers and are full of plant protein and amazing nutrition.
Salted Rosemary Chickpea Crackers [Vegan, Grain-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Salted Rosemary Chickpea Crackers [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- Grind of black pepper
How to Prepare Salted Rosemary Chickpea Crackers [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the chickpea flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until all combined.
- Finely dice the fresh rosemary sprigs. Add to the flour mixture with a few grinds of black pepper and stir.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and add the olive oil and warm water.
- Mix until roughly all combined. Using you hands, squeeze the mixture until all combined and a stiff dough has formed.
- On a flat surface, place a sheet of parchment paper down and place the dough ball on top. Use your hands to press down the mixture.
- Place another sheet of baking paper on top of the flattened dough ball, and use a rolling pin to further roll out the dough as flat as you can get it, without it cracking apart.
- If cracks start to form along the sides, use your fingers to merge the dough back together and carefully roll it out again with the rolling pin.
- Carefully transfer to a flat baking tray.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes, leaving the top parchment paper on top of the dough.
- Remove from oven when cooked through and leave to cool. Gently crack the big cracker into small little ones. If you prefer your crackers extra crunchy, pop them back into the oven for a few minutes to crunch up.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Chickpea Flour
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 198 | Carbs: 18 g | Fat: 11 g | Protein: 7 g | Sodium: 673 mg | Sugar: 3 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.