Rose petals, cashews, and olive oil give a sophisticated flair to your standard granola. The next time you feel like having a fancy breakfast, this is what you should make!
Rose Petal, Cashew, and Olive Oil Granola [Vegan]
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried edible rose petals
- 1 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rosewater
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain coconut yogurt
- 1 teaspoon rosewater
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a large baking tray with baking paper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, rose petals, and chopped cashews.
- In a small saucepan over a medium heat combine the olive oil, syrup, sugar and rosewater, cooking until melted together and warmed through. Add the pinch of salt and stir.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and thoroughly mix through using a spatula or wooden spoon. Transfer to the prepared baking tray in a single layer, pressing down with the spatula to encourage the granola to clump.
- Bake for 40 minutes. then remove from the oven and leave to cool. Once cooled, break into granola-sized chunks and store in an airtight container.
- To serve, mix the yogurt with the maple syrup and teaspoon of rosewater. Split between two bowls, top each bowl with a third of a cup of granola.