Aloo Gobi is a dry dish that is extremely popular in Indian cuisine. It contains roasted potatoes, cauliflower, and is usually yellow in color from turmeric. This dish is warm, satisfying, spicy, and best served over a bed of rice. Drizzle some tamarind on for some extra flavor!
Roasted Aloo Gobi [Vegan]
- 1 large head of cauliflower, washed and cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 pound of small red potatoes, skin on, washed and quartered
- Spray coconut or olive oil
- Olive oil
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and then grated
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon or less of ground cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of water
- A handful of fresh cilantro leaves, washed and stems removed
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Spray your baking sheet with coconut or olive oil and then add your cauliflower and potatoes. Roast for 18-20 minutes and then flip the veggies as best as you can so the other side can brown up nicely. Bake for another 15 minutes or so. The veggies should be fork-tender and lightly browned. Once cooked, remove and set aside.
- Into a large Dutch oven or pot, add a drizzle of oil over medium heat. Once hot, add your spices and give them a good stir.
- Then proceed to add all of your vegetables and water and toss to coat. Serve immediately.