Red velvet banana bread may sound a little strange, but adding bananas to red velvet cake makes it soft, moist, and perfectly sweet. This red velvet banana bread is completely healthy and homemade! No baking mix or box required. The secret ingredient to get that red velvet color is beets!
Red Velvet Banana Bread [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 chia eggs (1 tablespoon of ground chia mixed with 2 1/2 tablespoons of water per egg)
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk of choice or water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 7 ounces steamed beets
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 3/4 cups buckwheat flour
- Pre heat over to 325°F.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Add all the wet ingredients, the beets, coconut oil, chia eggs, banana, and milk to a blender and blend until smooth
- Mix these two mixtures together until fully combined.
- Bake for around 50-55 minutes.
- Add your favorite icing on top if you please.