I love a good and quick meal, and this burger fits the bill perfectly. For a 100% plastic-free meal, buy the buns from your local bakery or bake some yourself! Homemade bread is delicious. This recipe is featured in The Happy Herbivore Cookbook.
Oil-Free Black Bean Burgers [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Oil-Free Black Bean Burgers [Vegan]
- 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- cayenne, salt and pepper to taste
- instant oats
- whole-wheat buns
How to Prepare Oil-Free Black Bean Burgers [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pulse beans in a food processor until mashed well or alternatively, mash with a fork.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and combine with cilantro and spices.
- Add oats as necessary until the mixture can be handled and isn't terribly sticky, about 1/4 c.
- If after 1/4 c. it's still too sticky, refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Shape mixture into 3 patties. Lightly spray with cooking spray (optional) and bake 7 minutes.
- Flip and re-spray (optional) and bake another 7 to 10 minutes until thoroughly warm and crisp on the outside.
- Serve immediately.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.