Proceed with caution cause these cookies are pretty darn addictive, it's hard not to become the Cookie Monster! They are super delicious, rich in flavor, and packed with nutritional and healthy ingredients. Take one look at them and you will feel compelled to make 'em right this second.
Raw Sandwich Cookies With Cashew Coconut Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cookie Dough:
- 1 1/4 cups raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup oat flour (gluten-free if necessary)
- 12 Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla powder
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
For the Cashew Coconut Cream:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
To Make the Cookie Dough:
- Place the almonds and the oat flour in your food processor and pulse until finely ground. Pit the dates and add them, along with the rest of the dough ingredients, to the food processor.
- Process until a sticky dough forms, you must stop a few times and scrape down the sides of your food processor's container because the dough is quite sticky.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on your working surface and roll the dough about 1.3-inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut 24 to 28 cookies or until you have used up all the dough. Lightly grease your cookie cutter with coconut oil so the dough doesn't stick to the border of the cutter.
- Transfer the cookies to a baking sheet (with the parchment paper on) and place in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling. It's important that cookies are set and cold for an easier handling.
To Make the Cashew Coconut Cream Filling:
- Drain the cashews and place them in your food processor with the rest of the ingredients and process until well blended.
- Remove the cookies from the refrigerator, scoop one generous tablespoon of the cream filling, and spread on one cookie. Top with another cookie gently pressing down to form the sandwich.
- Repeat until you make 12 to 14 sandwiches.
- Store the cookies in the refrigerator in an airtight container. If you plan to serve them the same day they are made, you can transfer them to the freezer so the cream will firm up faster.