Corn potage is a Japanese style corn soup and one of the many dishes that the Japanese adopted from the west and made their own. Potage is a French word that means thick soup or stew. The result is a thick corn delight that is so refreshing and delicious!
Raw Japanese Corn Potage Soup [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 4 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/4 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups water
- Parsley to top (optional)
- Soak the cashews in water for 2-4 hours before making the soup. Drain and rinse well.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of corn for later.
- Add all ingredients to the blender except for the extra corn and optional parsley. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the corn potage to a sauce pan or small pot. Leave some corn for garnish at the end in the amount you set aside and then add the rest to the soup.
- Heat it on the lowest flame and stir constantly.
- Check the temperature with a cooking thermometer often.
- Once the potage rises to about 110°F, remove from the heat.
- Serve in bowls with garnish.