These crunchy and chewy bars are the perfect to-go snack! In this recipe, a blend of warm and toasty almonds, quinoa, and seeds are combined with dried cherries. Pack these sweet and tart bars as an afternoon snack at work or school!
Quinoa Cherry Bars [Vegan]
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained (it does not have to be dry before using)
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup dried cherries (unsweetened if possible)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and spray an 8x8-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Line with a parchment paper “sling”, leaving an overhang on two sides. Lightly spray again.
- Spread the almonds, quinoa, and both seeds on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a medium bowl and let cool slightly. Reduce oven to 200°F.
- Place cherries, syrup, salt, and 2 tablespoons of water in a food processor and process until well blended (add a bit more water if needed). Add to nut-seed mixture and stir until well combined. Transfer to your prepared pan and press firmly and evenly. Bake until no longer sticky, 30-40 minutes. Let cool completely in pan.
- Using your “sling” as an aide, transfer bars to a cutting board. Place in the refrigerator and chill for several hours, or overnight. Cut into bars and serve.