These protein brownies are not only delicious, but they are packed with protein! They're taken to the next level with the addition of a beautiful apple spiral on top! Definitely bring these to your next potluck!
Protein Brownies [Vegan]
- 2/3 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 raw cacao powder
- 6 dried figs or medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons chocolate macadamia protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup plant milk
- 1 small apple
- 2 tablespoons plant milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place all dry ingredients in a food processor.
- Process until all ingredients are incorporated and you can no longer see large chunks of dates or figs.
- Add applesauce and plant milk into the food processor and blend until everything is well combined. If the mixture is too dry, add 1/4 cup of plant milk.
- Pour the brownie batter into a lined baking tray or cake pan.
- Top with apple slices. Gently push the apples down to secure them.
- Brush one tablespoon of plant milk on the surface of the brownies. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Take the brownies out of the oven. Brush the remaining 1 tablespoon plant milk on the surface. Continue baking for another 15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer the baked brownie to a wire rack and let cool completely in pan before cutting.
- Chickpea Flour