These savory rolls are soft, delicious and simple to make! These rolls pair well with stew, soup or even a big bowl of pasta!
Potato Oregano Rolls [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 to 1 cup warm water
- 1 big potato boiled and mashed
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano (dried)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Dissolve sugar in 3/4 cup warm water. Add yeast, mix and cover it for fifteen minutes.
- Whisk the flours, salt, and Oregano. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mix. Add mashed potato and mix well.
- Now add water and knead for 6 to 8 minutes to get a soft dough. The dough will feel a little sticky but will be manageable to knead.
- Add more water only and only if needed, or else the dough will become very sticky.
- Oil a bowl and let the dough rest in it for an hour or till it doubles in size.
- Punch down the dough; knead for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a long rope. Cut out 12 pieces with a sharp knife.
- Apply some oil in your hands and shape these pieces into rolls about the size of golf balls.
- Arrange the rolls on a greased baking tray and cover them. Leave them to rise till double in size.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F for 25 to 30 minutes or till well browned.
- Potato Recipes