Eating plant-based doesn't necessarily mean you have to give up eggs. Tofu can be used to recreate scrambled eggs and as this recipe shows, polenta does a mighty fine job at recreating egg yolk. It's even high in protein like eggs too! Serve with some bread strips for dipping fun.
Polenta ‘Egg’ and Soldiers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 teaspoons quick-cooking polenta
- 1/4 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Bread, sliced into strips
- Add all ingredients to a smoothie blender and blend until smooth, 30-60 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a pan and cook at medium heat for about 5 minutes or a bit longer until it gets an egg yolk like thickness.
- Serve with bread strips.