A savory and simple soup that cooks in under 30 minutes. This recipe is a must-try for a cozy meal in. The cauliflower and coconut milk combine to create a thick, decadent creaminess. Beets provide beautiful color and a sneaky nutrient dense punch, while a whole bulb of roasted garlic lends some depth and rich flavor.
Pink Roasted Garlic and Cauliflower Soup [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 large head cauliflower (6 cups)
- 2-3 tablespoon avocado oil or other high heat oil
- 1 whole bulb garlic
- 1 15 ounce can light coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup vegetable both
- 1 cup cooked beets
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut cauliflower into florets, toss with oil, and spread evenly onto the lined baking sheet. Cook for 25 minutes until tender and browning.
- Next, take the bulb of garlic and cut the top off so the garlic cloves are exposed. Wrap it up in foil and place in the oven to cook for about 20-25 minutes as well.
- Remove cauliflower and garlic from the oven. Carefully open the foil and allow the garlic to cool. Meanwhile, add the cauliflower, coconut milk, water, vegetable broth, beets, salt, and pepper to a high-speed blender. Once garlic is cool enough to handle, either squeeze the entire bulb into the blender or you can peel out each clove and add one by one.
- Blend on high for 2-4 minutes until velvety and smooth.
- To serve, garnish with plain coconut yogurt or dairy free sour cream. Enjoy with warm, fresh bread.
Will keep in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.