The distinct flavor of cardamom stands out in these decadent truffles. Coated with crunchy roasted peanuts, these little bites are great for gift-giving – or you can keep them all to yourself!
Peanut Butter and Cardamom Truffles [Vegan]
- 1 cup creamy homemade peanut butter (or very loose store-bought peanut butter)
- 3/4 cup roasted and unsalted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Ground seeds from 1 Cardamom pod, about 1/8 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3.17-ounces dark chocolate
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor blend roasted and unsalted peanuts until only crumbs remain.
- Measure out 1 cup of peanut butter and mix in your ground cardamom seeds, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt.
- Mix in 1/3 cup of the peanut crumbs you just made. Add more crumbs if the mixture is looking at all runny. It should be the consistency of cookie dough. Set the remaining peanut crumbs aside.
- Measure out 20 balls of your peanut mixture using a 1 3/4 teaspoon cookie scoop and place on your prepared sheet. Or, just use two teaspoons and guesstimate the size.
- Let the peanut butter balls set in freezer for 30 minutes or longer. The longer you leave them in the freezer the easier they are to work with.
- Melt your chocolate over a double boiler.
- Remove peanut butter balls from freezer and, one by one, drop the balls into your melted chocolate, spooning chocolate over the top with a spoon.
- Once covered in chocolate remove ball by balancing it between two forks and place back on the baking sheet. Sprinkle the top with peanut butter crumbs. (Coat with peanut crumbs immediately so that the crumbs stick to the melty chocolate.)
- Place in freezer to set for an hour. Store leftovers in fridge.