These ice pops are a great option for a refreshing dessert that also allows you to take advantage of the fruits that are in seasonal right now. The chamomile syrup is used to simmer the peaches and then the whole thing is blended into a creamy mash and frozen until they popsicles set. These are, without a doubt, the perfect sweet snack for hot days.
Peach and Chamomile Ice Pops [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh chamomile flowers
- 16 ounces fresh peaches, cut in half and pitted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, add the sugar and water. Cook this until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the chamomile flowers, reduce heat, and simmer them for 10 minutes. Remove the syrup from heat and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, extracting as much liquid as possible from the chamomile flowers. Return the syrup to the saucepan.
- Add the peaches to the saucepan and cook the mixture, on medium heat, for 10 minutes or until the peaches are super soft and start to break down.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Add the lime juice and blend the mixture until it's smooth.
- Distribute the fruit mixture among ice pop molds – the recipe should yield 7-8 popsicles. Insert sticks and freeze until the pops are fully set, 4-6 hours.