This powerhouse meal is loaded with Mexican-inspired flavor and ingredients that will keep you full. Quinoa, black beans, and chickpeas bring on the protein and chopped red bell pepper is mixed in for fresh flavor and crunch. It's cheesy, warm, and takes only one pan to make.
One-Pan Cheesy Mexican Quinoa [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for One-Pan Cheesy Mexican Quinoa [Vegan]
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2/3 cup salsa, of choice
- 2/3 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- Cilantro, for garnish
How to Prepare One-Pan Cheesy Mexican Quinoa [Vegan]
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch sauté pan on medium heat.
- Add the pepper, onion, and garlic, and cook until lightly golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Into the pan, add the broth, frozen corn, salsa, chickpeas, black beans, nutritional yeast, cumin, salt, and a pinch of pepper, and stir well.
- Stir in the quinoa until all the grains are incorporated into the liquid. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover the pan and place it into the oven. Cook until the quinoa has absorbed all of the liquid, about 40-45 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.