This Chocolate, Hazelnut and Raspberry Torte is amazing. Simple, effective and… no need to put the oven on. It is no bake! It is gluten-free and vegan too. It is super decadent and super rich but sometimes you need a treat or maybe you need a special dessert for a special occasion (or a special person). If that is the case look no further.
No-Bake Chocolate Hazelnut and Raspberry Torte [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Shell
- 2/3 cup roasted hazelnuts – ground in a food processor
- 2/3 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup gluten-free, vegan, hard margarine (*ensure the margarine is soy free if required)
- 1/4 cup sugar
For the Filling
- 1 1/4 cup dark chocolate – around 70% cocoa solids
- 1/2 cup vegan, hard margarine
- 1/2 cup hazelnut milk
- 1 1/2 cup raspberries
For the shell:
- Grease the torte tin.
- In a small pan, on a low heat, melt the margarine and add the sugar. When the sugar has dissolved remove from the heat.
- Put the ground almonds, ground hazelnuts and cocoa in a large bowl and add the margarine and sugar mixture and mix well until it is a uniform mixture.
- Press the mixture in to the torte tin – making sure it is a even depth on the bottom and up the sides and smooth.
- Place in the fridge to set for at least 10 minutes whilst you make the filling.
For the filling:
- Break up the chocolate in to a metal or glass mixing bowl, add the margarine and hazelnut milk. Place a pan (narrower than the top of the bowl but wide enough for the bottom of the bowl to fit) with boiling water to a depth of around two centimetres on the hob on a low heat. Sit the mixing bowl in the pan. It should sit in the pan and not touch the water. This is very important
- Slowly melt the chocolate stirring from time to time to incorporate the chocolate, margarine and hazelnut milk. Once the chocolate is fully melted and all the ingredients are fully incorporated remove from the heat
- Take the torte case from the fridge and set on a flat surface. Fill the torte case with the chocolate mixture and gently shake or tap to level
- Place the raspberries on the top of the torte in any pattern you like. Place in the fridge to set for at least an hour
- When the torte has set remove the outer ring, cut in to slices and serve.