This double chocolate brownie batter is incredibly indulgent, it’s got that deep, dark, decadent taste, the kind of taste that you expect to get when bite into a brownie. If I had not made the recipe myself I would most likely be questioning what it was made out of – even my best taste tester, my Mum, couldn’t guess the ingredients. Of course this not your regular brownie batter, it’s made with organic black beans and is free from dairy (vegan), gluten and refined sugar.
No Bake Brownie Batter [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 8 ounces of black beans, rinsed
- 4 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 4 tbsp of date syrup (You can substitute the date syrup for 6 Medjool dates plus 1/4 cup of almond milk though the sweetness will vary slightly.)
- 1 3/4 ounces of vegan dark chocolate
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- Drain the majority of water from the black beans and put into a food processor along with the rest of the ingredients except the dark chocolate. Blend until smooth and pour into a bowl of your choice. Chop the dark chocolate into chunks and stir into the batter. Refrigerate until ready to eat and serve with fresh strawberries.