This vegan cheesecake is easy-to-make, healthier than your typical cheesecake, and most importantly, delicious! Cashews and coconut cream are blended together to create the fluffy white base, peanut butter cups are folded into the mixture, and then the whole thing is frozen until firm and dense. Top this dessert with plenty of chocolate drizzle!
Moose Tracks Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups peanuts, roasted, unsalted
- 1 cup packed pitted dates
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 13-ounce can coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 maple syrup
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons vanilla coconut milk
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Chocolate, melted
- Vegan mini peanut butter cups
- First, make the crust. Blend together the pitted dates with the peanuts and salt in a food processor until a loose dough-like forms. Press the crust flat on a parchment line 4 by 4-inch dish and freeze for 1 hour.
- Now, make the filling. Blend together the drained, pre-soaked cashews, the coconut cream and oil, the maple syrup, the vanilla coconut milk, and lemon juice. Blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. Add 1 tablespoon of additional vanilla coconut milk if the filling is too thick.
- Pour filling over the crust and swirl in chocolate and cover the mini peanut butter cups. Slightly tap the dish on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Drizzle the top with additional chocolate. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 4-5 hours.
- Thaw cheesecake for 15 minutes before serving!