A big bowl of luscious, steaming, fragrant soup, melting your snowy outer layers simply with its glow of health and wholesomeness. Can you tell I'm smitten?
Minestrone Soup [Vegan]
- 1 cup any whole wheat pasta shape
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 cans of plum tomatoes
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 3 cups vegetable broth (or 800ml hot water mixed with 1 cube veg stock)
- 1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 small chilis, deseeded and chopped
- 2 sticks of celery chopped
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Pepper, to serve
- Basil, to serve
- Boil some water in the kettle while you prep the vegetables. If you are using a long type of pasta shape, place the dry pasta in a plastic bag and smash it up with a rolling pin to create smaller shapes.
- Cook the pasta for 10-15 minutes (or according to package instructions). I
- n a separate pot cook the carrots, celery and onion for 10 minutes in the vegetable stock before adding the mushrooms, garlic, courgette, pepper, chili and tomatoes and cook for an additional 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Stir the cooked pasta into the vegetable soup.
- Serve hot with some pepper and fresh basil.