These vegan mango cheesecake bars are a delightful treat bursting with tropical mango flavor and make the perfect sweet bite to finish a meal with. They light luxurious mango cheesecake rest upon a sticky, sweet date crust that is the perfect counterpoint to the elegant topping. These bars can be stored in the freezer or eaten at room temperature
Mango Cheesecake Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup Medjool dates (or regular dates soaked in warm water for 5 minutes then drained)
For the Filling:
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup (or maple syrup)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 large mangos, peeled and cut into cubes
- Line an 8x8-inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Set this aside.
- In a food processor, blend together the almonds, dates, and shredded coconut until they're combined. If your dough is not sticky enough, add a few more dates. Press the dough evenly into the bottom of your pan and place in the freezer.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, add the cashews and coconut cream. Blend them together until they're completely smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the coconut oil, brown rice syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest, and mango cubes. Blend this together until it's combined. Pour the cheesecake mixture into your pan, spreading it evenly. Place this in the freezer to firm up 2-4 hours before serving.
- Serve frozen, or allow them to thaw for 10-15 minutes for a softer texture.