Linguine with mushroom, roast pumpkin and avocado pesto. A very satisfying pasta dish, light and full of flavour. The vegetables and the pesto can be prepared in advance making this an easy dinner party dish. The pesto will keep for about a week in an airtight container.
Linguine with Mushroom and Avocado Pesto
Ingredients You Need for Linguine with Mushroom and Avocado Pesto
- 1/4 of a whole pumpkin (diced and roasted)
- 12 single cup mushrooms
- handful of pine nuts to garnish (roasted)
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- large bunch of basil (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 avocado
How to Prepare Linguine with Mushroom and Avocado Pesto
- Remove the skin and cut your pumpkin into small squares – roast in olive oil, salt and pepper on 360°F for about 20 minutes until golden. Cook the mushrooms in a pan with a little olive oil and non dairy spread on low heat until soft. Mix the pumpkin into the mushroom mix.
- Make your pesto by combining basil, pine nuts, lemon and garlic in a food processor and blend. Add the avocado and water last and process until smooth and creamy.
- Cook your linguine as per the packet instructions – in salted boiling water – usually about 10 minutes is enough.
- Toss the cooked linguine into the pesto – add the pumpkin and mushroom mix and top with toasted pine nuts.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.