The new and improved not-so-classic Caesar Salad. Healthy and modernized. With caesar salads being such a popular favorite, why not remake a vegan friendly version?! Even before I went plant based, I was never a true fan of caesar salads, probably because of the anchovies in the high-fat dressing.. and knowing how there was little nutritional value from romaine and croutons.. but after eating (basically) this entire bowl of Vegan Kale Caesar Pasta Salad to myself for 2 meals straight, you can probably guess that I’m a new fan now!
Kale Caesar Pasta Salad [Vegan]
- 1 pound gluten free pasta (or any pasta of choice)
- 1 bunch of kale (about 3 cups, chopped)
- 5-6 radishes (1 cup, chopped)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup hemp hearts
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 small lemon)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, kale, radishes and nutritional yeast.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and well combined. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
Stays fresh in the refrigerator up to 3 days.