One bowl, 30-minutes, and a whole lot of flavor. This wild rice soup is creamy and loaded with tender vegetables, nutty notes from wild rice, and an aroma of fresh herbs.
Instant Pot Vegan Wild Rice Soup [Vegan]
For the Soup:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 ribs of celery, diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk I used almond.
For the Optional Toppings:
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Freshly grated lemon
- Press saute button on instant pot and allow it to preheat. Once hot, add 1 tbsp of oil and allow it to heat up until shimmering. Add carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt. Saute for 2-3 min. until fragrant and translucent. Stir in nutritional yeast, fresh herbs, red pepper flakes, sun dried tomatoes, and rice. Toast for 2 minutes.
- Pour in vegetable broth, water, and milk. Seal lid, and press 'pressure cook' button. Cook for 15 minutes. on high pressure. Open vent and allow it to de-pressurize.
- While Instant Pot is venting, crisp up the mushrooms. In a small skillet heat 1 tsp of oil. Add mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes on medium high heat until golden brown and crispy. Sprinkle with a bit of flaky sea salt.
- Season soup to your desired taste with salt and pepper. Serve and top with crispy mushrooms, grate over a bit of lemon zest, and freshly ground pepper. Serve with crusty bread to get the ultimate experience.